An Advanced Smile Makeover to Achieve Your Dream Smile
A smile makeover combines multiple cosmetic procedures to help you achieve significant aesthetic changes in your smile. Dr. Damien F. Armstrong performs smile makeover procedures at our downtown Chattanooga, TN, practice. He can help you identify your dental goals and compile a set of procedures to comprehensively improve the aesthetics of your smile.
Before performing a smile makeover, Dr. Armstrong will have you come to the office for a consultation. During the consultation, he will talk with you about what you like or dislike about your smile. Start thinking about the attributes in your smile that make you happy, and the characteristics you do not like. Take into consideration the color, size, and position of your teeth, as well as the appearance of your gums.
Once Dr. Armsrtong has a clear understanding of your goals, he will take specialized CT (computerized tomography) scans and perform a comprehensive exam of your smile and face to determine what options will best compliment your features. If you need any restorative procedures performed to improve the health of your smile, you must undergo them before beginning your smile makeover. Having a healthy, strong oral foundation can improve the success of cosmetic procedures.
Procedures Often Included in a Smile Makeover
Dr. Armstrong performs a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures that you can include in your smile makeover treatment plan, including:
- Bonding – Dr. Armstrong can use a composite resin to repair small chips, fill in gaps between your teeth, and cover mild stains that fail to respond to whitening treatments. He can tint the resin to match the natural color of your teeth, making the repairs virtually indistinguishable. Cosmetic bonding requires no anesthesia, making it one of the quickest and easiest treatments available.
- Porcelain Veneers – With this procedure, Dr. Armstrong uses thin porcelain shells to conceal chips and cracks, fill in gaps between teeth, and cover stubborn stains. He can also use veneers to enhance the appearance misaligned or misshapen teeth. Veneers fit over the front of your visible teeth, and require minimal preparation. With proper care, porcelain veneers can last up to 10 years.
Once Dr. Armstrong has a clear understanding of your goals, he will take specialized CT (computerized tomography) scans and perform a comprehensive exam of your smile and face to determine what will work best to compliment your features.
- Whitening – We can provide custom-fit trays that you will take home and use with a safe, gentle bleaching gel. The gel contains a whitening agent that can break apart stain molecules leaving your teeth shades whiter. You will wear the trays for a short time each day, and after a couple of weeks you will see a noticeable difference in the brightness of your smile.
- Invisalign® – An alternative to metal brackets and wires, the Invisalign® program involves wearing removable clear plastic aligners to gently move teeth into straighter positions. Treatment also takes less time than traditional braces, with the average patient wearing aligners over a period of 12-18 months. Thanks to the virtually invisible clear aligners, you can discreetly and comfortably straighten your teeth.
- Six Month Smiles® - With this treatment, you will wear a set of clear brackets, which are threaded with a tooth-colored wire to gently guide the teeth into a straighter, more symmetrical smile. You will return to the office once a month for a checkup and wire change, and usually complete treatment in just six months.
Begin Your Smile Transformation
A smile makeover can significantly enhance your smile and confidence. If you would like to learn more about the smile makeover, or want to get started with one, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.